The text on this page has been transfered and changed where necessary from MSPA Wiki.
In the Homestuck Universe weapons can be placed into a Strife Deck, which allows the player to use objects to fight enemies. Each Strife Deck is contained with a Strife Specibus and a character with multiple Strife Specibi will store them within a Strife Portfolio. In order for an artifact to be allocated to a Strife Deck, it must be the same kind of item as the character's chosen Kind Abstratus.The different strife specibus are divided among the many kind Abstrata. They are named with the formula: [weapon]kind. Artifacts allocated to the Strife Deck can be used at will, as opposed to the drawn out ritual of retrieving an item from a poorly designed Sylladex.
It should be noted that imps can also place items into their strife deck. They drop their Strife Specibus card when defeated if they have done so.
Damaged or AlteredEdit
If an item used to strife is damaged or fundamentally altered during use, its related Kind Abstratus will change itself into a type to match. This is presumably to avoid getting suddenly disarmed when the item doesn't match the old Abstratus and cannot be allocated. To correct this, the item must be restored to its old shape. Often this can result in a fraction being added to the name.
Trolls' Kind AbstrataEdit
- Chynus Farore's is Spearkind, inspired by his Ancestor's choice of weapon.
- Rashid Abrack's is Boomerangkind.
- Falvyn Kazuya's is Scythekind.
- Komsur Vipora's is Bowkind originally holding his Hivemade Longbow.
- Gialis Triton's is Daggerkind, inspired by her ancestor like Chynus.
- Athren Chorol's is Macekind, due to his reluctancy to disrespect kingly scepters.
Spambots' Kind AbstrataEdit
- Elra Mirk uses Bladekind.
- Liri Zanu uses Hammerkind with an incredible amount of zeal. Indeed, her Spamsigil is guilefulJackhammer after her weapon of choice.
- Meil Yute uses Hookkind.
- Alit Owet uses Pistolkind, and was already adept with hers before Techflex.
- Faer Ortl uses Staffkind, and will only use weapons made of wood. This makes things a little difficult for her later on.
- Zaht Ersa uses Rodkind.